Friday, March 23, 2012

Work Frustration...how to not eat!

I have been with the same company for 6 years now.  I love my job (customer service, order entry, quotes, warranty renewals and many other hats).  It is a small company so team work is essential.  Most days despite some micromanaging it goes pretty smooth and seems to be a really good fit for me with my lifestyle now.  Some days however - it doesn't seem that I can do anything right.  I come in early quite frequently to take care of things before the phones come on.  My counterpart here comes in an hour to an hour and a half later then I do.  This should balance out well, I can take care of the early am requests before we turn on the phones, and she takes care of the evening requests.  Now it appears my dedication is being questioned because she stayed late last night and I didn't stay as late as she did.  Still 45 minutes but guess not enough. 

I'm so frustrated.  I consider myself a team player and try to pitch in and help whoever needs it while still getting my own stuff done.  Doesn't seem like that is recognized either.  I just feel like no matter how much effort I do, how hard I try - I will be thought lacking.  Tough pill to swallow.  Unfortunately I don't feel comfortable calling my boss  out on it. 

This frustration is really driving me down the want to eat junk food that I shouldn't have in any way shape or form.  I am figthing this battle and wondering if I am struggling so much because it is something I can at least control.  Any suggestions for the best way to keep your stress eating down when situations arise.  I know I will figth these for ever and figured now if as good a time as any to start. 

I Have contemplated looking for another job, but can't imagine leaving here and starting a new....  I guess ultimately I am a creature of habit.  Humph - maybe that is what got me here in the first place.  Any ideas on measures to take control in this situation?  Help! 

Dawn :o)

6 comments:

  1. When I feel like this, I always thing "You are doing this diet for you! You deserve to be happy and healthy. If you let outside influences affect your goal you will just be hurting yourself, I will not let others affect the outcome I want for my life and family".

    None of us like change, I think its human nature. I think when you are dieting you can sometimes feel over-sensitive about things and maybe over-analyze. Does your boss know that you come into work so early? Do you make them aware of the extra work you take on to help others? Although you may not want to call your boss out about it, maybe drop not-so-subtle hints showing the extra's that you do above and beyond what is expected.

    The struggle with wanting junk is just because of the stage of dieting you are at, it will pass if you stay strong, busy yourself, get away from food, the better a record you build up of not cheating, the easier it becomes.

    You are doing great Dawn, stay strong. Big hugs, Sonia xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of reaching for bad junkfood when you are stressed, maybe make sure you have some cut up veggies so you can chomp through your stress with the only thing availlable and allowed: yummy crunchy veggies.

    Or plan a really delicous meal for when you get home, get really excited about an expensive steak or slow-cooked Dukan friendly stew to get you thinking about being at home and relaxing with your food instead of cheating and feeling guilty about it.

    Good luck sweetie! Sounds really stressfull, you can make it though this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, hope work has been better for you this week and you are managing to keep to your new plan. Sonia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this may sound awful, but I am glad to know that I am not the only one dealing with this type of crap at work. It is absolutely unfair and I am sure you deserve better treatment. I have found that being a caring and devoted worker is often taken for granted. I too know about emotional eating to deal with the pain of what other people try to shift blame onto you for their own issues. You just gotta keep loving on yourself and giving you what you deserve. I have contemplated quitting my job too but I deserve this job as much as some "other" twits do and we just can't let them get the best of us. I totally understand what you were faced with and I am sending good vibes your way!!! Hugs and I hope you post again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, it's been a while, update us on your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, it's a bit late, but you should make it known that you start early and that it is just as important as staying late. I hope your job has improved, good workers are rarely appreciated. Its the crap ones that finally do something right that get all the praise. Good luck with your diet, hope you've been able to stay on it!

    ReplyDelete