Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 4 - Down 5 lbs.

Today is day 4 of Dukan, and I am now down 5 lbs.  I am really glad to see the pounds go, but know I still have such a long journey.  Thoroughly depressed myself last night by having hubby take some before pictures and all my measurements.  This was after buying a new scale that had me over five pounds heavier than our current one - stupid scale lol.  Want to guess what scale I am keeping?   (This was side by side comparison too not a night/day difference) Anyway, the pics and measurements were sure a wake up call!  For now, I am trying not to focus too much on the long road ahead and am taking it one day (sometimes one minute) at a time.  I guess otherwise I may make myself completely insane.

Hubby is being very supportive - as are lots of friends and family.  I KNOW I could not do it without them!   Although I did catch him hiding in the bathroom yesterday eating a candy bar :-) because he knew I can't have one (lucky him doesn't need to diet!) it was sweet and funny all at once. 

I have also been surfing a lot of blogs, and enjoying the wealth of info that is out there.  It is nice to know I am not alone and others have survived this journey.  Finding some great recipes, and learning to have a new relationship with the food I eat.  I have also learned already that when I am stressed I want to eat junk. Stress eater!  Can't believe it took me 42 years to figure this out. Sigh.  Well some lessons are harder than others I guess. 

Will try to get a current pic up and start posting them at regular intervals as changes occur.  Def not the ones I took last night - those are for my nightmare alone.  That's all for now, gotta finish up my work and get ready for the weekend!  Yay Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment